Obesity is a condition in which a person is suffering from the problem of overweight. An increase in weight can occur due to improper diet or lack of exercise. Excessive body fat gets accumulated on the parts like belly, thighs and buttocks and result in serious health issues like arthritis and hypertension. If you are obese, follow an Ayurvedic approach to cope up with the symptoms of obesity with no further side-effects. Some of the reputed hospitals in Kerala offer comprehensive Ayurvedic therapies to fight with arthritis, skin disorders, obesity, stress and other health issues.
Hazards of obesity:
Obesity or over-weight is a condition featured by excessive deposition of fat in adipose tissues. It may occur because of various reasons like improper diet, hormonal changes, metabolism, genetic factors, excessive calorie intake and others. Given below are few hazards you can face due to excessive weight conditions:
- As per National Institute of Health in USA, obesity is labeled obesity as a ‘killing disease’.
- Around 60-70% of cardiac patients die of obesity. The condition may also result in diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney disorder, etc. In addition, obesity is also associated with increased risks of cancer in the pancreas, kidney, gallbladder or any body part.
- Obese patients can also suffer from osteoarthritis, a kind of joint pain which affects the movement of joints.
- Over-weighted people become the targets of comments which may result in psychological problems.
Treatment of obesity:
You can control the symptoms of obesity by taking the following precautions:
- Avoid eating in excess or during indigestion.
- Avoid day sleep and sleep at least one hour after taking dinner.
- Do regular exercise like running, swimming, etc. and avoid being lazy.
- Avoid eating excess sweets, chocolates, cheese, etc.
- Avoid the intake of alcoholic drinks or water on empty stomach.
- Take non-vegetarian foods in limited quantity.
- Avoid aerated drinks and excess water after meal.
Knowing about Udvartana:
Udvartana is a popular obesity management treatment which is done with cleansing grains or specific herbs and oils, to scrub and exfoliate the skin. It holds a high therapeutic value and aids in making your skin look radiant, toned and cleaned. Udvartana is a full body massage, recommended to relieve muscle tension, strengthen muscle connective tissue and rejuvenate the body. During the process, the patient’s body is scrubbed with powdered herbs in the upward direction. It is done with Panchakarma therapies using warm medicinal oils which help in removing toxins and nourishing the skin. After giving a massage, herbal powder is removed from the body with a dry towel. Then, the patient is asked to take bath in the warm water. Given below are some of the benefits of this therapy:
- Boosting the energy level of patient
- Tightening and exfoliating the skin
- Ensuring a young and silky-smooth skin
- Increasing metabolic rate
- Reducing your cholesterol levels
- Acting as a cellulite busting treatment
- Rebalancing the lymphatic system
- Helping with reducing weight by converting fats into muscles.
know more about obesity treatment in an Ayurvedic way and ensure a healthier and happy life.